Dental implants are used for many reasons. They can be used to replace a single missing tooth, multiple missing teeth, support a denture, or restore an entire mouth.
Although many individuals might think that an implant might be at risk for the body rejecting it, dental implants are actually made of titanium. Unlike other metals, the body actually will not reject titanium …it is both incredibly strong and well as biologically benign.
After your real tooth is extracted, you jawbone within that area actually begins to shrink in both width and height. So if you have had a tooth removed quite some time ago, this might be an issue for being able to provide the right “landing strip” for your dental implant. However, bone graft surgery is also an option you can undertake.
Who Qualifies for Dental Implants?
There are a couple of factors as it pertains to being a good candidate for a dental implant.
You need to have healthy gum tissue
You need to have enough bone structure in place to support the implant
The Benefits of Dental Implants
– They replace any missing teeth and create an esthetically pleasing look
– They restore your chewing function
– They prevent bone loss
– They won’t disturb other healthy teeth surrounding it
The Procedure of Dental Implants
– Dental implants are placed within your jawbone
– Recovery time of 3-6 months
– Your dental implants will begin bonding to your jawbone in the aforementioned time
– After this healing time is complete, small posts will be attached to the dental implants, acting as anchors for the artificial teeth
– Artificial teeth are placed onto the posts
This entire process will take anywhere between 6 – 8 months, and can be conducted at any one of our DentistsRUs dental offices listed below!
If you have any questions pertaining to this service, do not hesitate to call…
Burnaby Sedation & General Dentistry | 250 – 3433 North Rd. Burnaby, BC | View
Langley Sedation & General Dentistry | #103 – 19978 72nd Avenue Langley, BC | View
Tri-City Sedation & General Dentistry | #1412-2929 Barnet Hwy, Coquitlam, BC | View
Coast Meridian Sedation & General Dentistry | #103 3380 David Ave, Coquitlam, BC | View
New Westminster Sedation & General Dentistry | 243-800 Carnarvon St. New Westminster | View